Saturday, April 30, 2016

Bryer is New Girls Basketball Coach at Oxford.

Written Saturday April 30th at 11:30 PM

Last week it was Steve Laidlaw taking over the Boys Basketball team. This time it is Rachel Bryer taking over the Girls Basketball team.

In a move that really didn't surprise anyone, the Oxford Wildcats named Bryer their new head Girls Basketball Coach replacing Steve Emert whom resigned after the pre-district loss to Waterford Mott.

There were hints though that Bryer would be named the head coach, she attended the OAA meeting last month and Emert recommended her to Oxford officials.

Bryer has served three seasons as Emert's assistant coach and also two seasons as coach at Oxford Middle School and was formally an assistant Varsity and JV Coach at Edwardsburg before coming to Oxford.

I don't expect much to change in the culture at Oxford though but it will be a more smooth transition from Emert to Bryer. The Wildcats bring in a strong eighth grade class along with returnees Madeline Morris, Grace Cleland, Ashley Hershmann, Jordyn Zyniger, and Monae Evans.

The Wildcats will move down from the Red to the White and will see the likes of Orion, Royal Oak, Bloomfield Hills, West Bloomfield, and Harrison. Oxford finished 4-17 last season but they played in the Red division and the move down will help them this upcoming winter.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.