Saturday, April 30, 2016

Crighton could be a possibility at Adams.

 Written Saturday April 30th at 7:35 PM

Well a new name has been thrown into the fire for the coaching job at Rochester Adams.

Brad Crighton.

Crighton was the former Girls Basketball Varsity Coach at Stoney Creek resigned from coaching the Cougars last season but his name was brought up and for good reason to coach the Highlanders Boys Basketball program.

Adams coach John Hall resigned last week to take over at Almont and Crighton could be a perfect replacement for Hall.

Crighton played at Adams in the mid 1990's and is an alum at the school. He is a teacher next door at Van Hoosen Middle School and his child is there as well. Crighton is no stranger to coaching Boys Basketball either as he coached the Junior Varsity boys at Stoney Creek from 2002 until 2007 when he went to coaching girls full time due to the switch in seasons.

There are others in play as well for the job like Chris Flynn, and Bob Lineberger, both were assistants under Hall then there is Jeff Hall whom coaches baseball at Adams and could very well fill the shoes for his brother. Another name mentioned is Jeff Jayson, whom coached at Waterford Mott. The Corsairs have struggled lately and Jayson might be in need of a fresh start. If the Highlanders wanted to go elsewhere there is Stephan Henning whom is a Rochester resident, he played basketball at Rochester, went to Rochester College, and coached at Oxford, or the wildcard in the coaching search is Jeff Haney. Haney coaches the Rochester Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team and has had stints coaching Varsity in the Boys and Girls levels at Rochester, could he be temped to make the move to Adams???

Also the Junior Varsity job is in play at Adams as well as long time Highlanders Coach Larry Franklin retired this previous season.

It will be an interesting couple of weeks for Highlanders Athletic Director Jason Wrapp but the list of coaching candidates will be interesting to keep an eye on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.