Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hall Steps Down as Adams Coach, will take job at Almont.

Written Tuesday April 26th at 7:05 PM

Tuesday night was probably one of the most heartbreaking announcement that the Rochester Adams community has endured.

Longtime Highlanders coach John Hall stepped down as Adams coach and will take the Almont job that was left by former Seaholm coach Jose Andrades whom resigned last month.

The move was a sudden shock to the Highlanders community including Athletic Director Jason Rapp and other Adams administrators.

Hall said the reason why he left Adams was because of his kids, they are going to start school sports in Almont and he wants to see them play. Hall is from Almont, which is in Lapeer County but he will continue to make the travel to teach at Adams everyday.

Hall was at Adams for 17 years and had a 243-142 record with four district titles as Highlanders coach.

The Highlanders went to the regional final falling to Macomb Dakota on the road.

Hall will take over the Almont Knights. The Knights went 7-15 and 3-11 in the Blue Water Area Conference which was second to last in the league last season falling to Croswell-Lexington in the district semifinals. Instead of competing with the likes of North Farmington, Clarkston, Southfield, Stoney Creek, Rochester, and Orion in the OAA, he will play top notch teams like Yale, Richmond, and Imlay City, all in Class B.

Adams will now have to search for a new head coach for the winter season but a possible coaching candidate could be longtime assistant Chris Flynn whom has been in the program for 12 seasons. Also Bob Lineberger will get some attention as well and has spent eight seasons at Adams. Not to mention there is Highlanders baseball coach Jeff Hall, whom is the brother of John Hall. Hall was the Freshman Coach for John until last season when he focused on baseball, could he make the move again back to the hardwood. One last candidate is Jeff Haney, whom is the Rochester Junior Varsity Coach and knows the Rochester area very well. Haney could be an interesting candidate to coach at Adams, anything is possible.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest developments on this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.