Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Lantzy Enters the OAA becomes new Stoney Creek Football Coach.

Written Wednesday February 24th at 3:30 PM

A legend is coming back to football.

Long time Utica Eisenhower football coach Bob Lantzy is now the new head coach at Stoney Creek replacing Brad Zube whom left for Ortonville Brandon last month.

Lantzy (70) coached for 41 seasons (1971-2011) and went 304-155-1 as Eagles Coach. His 304 victories places him tied for eighth all time in the MHSAA all time winiest coaches in State history. He was the Macomb County Coach of the Year four times and has went to four State Championship games. Lantzy has won 12 MAC Red titles in the process. His teams have qualified for the playoffs each year from 1999-2011.

Lantzy retired from High School coaching in 2011 and his defensive coordinator Chris Smith took over at Utica Eisenhower. He coached at Powell Middle School in Romeo for two seasons before deciding to come back into High School coaching.

Lantzy is a legend in high school football especially in Macomb County. His teams have been well known for his defensive mindset. The Cougars allowed 200 points (22.2 ppg) last season and 212 points (23.5 ppg) in 2014. Fixing the defense will be key especially in a league like the Red in which they have the likes of Orion, Oxford, Clarkston, Southfield, West Bloomfield, and Troy Athens.

Stoney Creek last season was 3-6 and has only made three playoff appearances since they became a school in 2002. The last appearance was in 2013.

Thoughts.

This is a great hire for the Cougars by Athletic Director Rick Jakacki bringing in a legend in Lantzy, with his championship pedigree and long time experience but Stoney Creek will have to go into a transition period from adjusting from Zube to Lantzy. Lantzy is more of a traditional offensive guy but the defense will change under him for the better.

He will make the talent better at Stoney Creek and his impact there will be huge coming back to the High School sidelines. It will be odd to see him in Navy Blue and Gold than in Blue and Silver to say the least.

The Red just more interesting by the second.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for coverage on this developing story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.