Sunday, February 7, 2016

Lakers bring in former Chargers Quarterback.

Written Sunday February 7th at 12:45 PM

The West Bloomfield Lakers found their quarterback for the next two seasons.

Bryce Veasley, the quarterback whom led the Southfield-Lathrup Chargers to the playoffs in 2015 has transferred to West Bloomfield for his final two years of eligibility a source has confirmed.

Veasley will replace Tristian Jackson whom will be at Michigan State next season is a duel threat quarterback with an accurate arm and good running ability which is very important to head coach Ronald Bellamy's read option offense.

Southfield-Lathrup will merge with Southfield at the end of the school year and become the Southfield Warriors. Southfield does have a quarterback in Sam Johnson III whom will be a sophomore next season thus making sense for Veasley to transfer.

Veasley will have to make an adjustment adjusting from playing in the Blue to playing in the Red and seeing the likes of Orion, Clarkston, Oxford, Southfield, and Troy Athens on a consistent basis. What will help him will be that the Lakers will have a strong running game as Davion Johnson returns for his Senior season. Veasley will have Kenyon McElway to throw the ball too in 2016 along with others as well.

We shall see what happens, stay tuned to OAA Now for complete coverage on the moves around the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.