Friday, May 14, 2021

MDHHS announces easing of masking restrictions.

Written Friday May 14th at 10:30 PM

The MHSAA waited all day and all evening waiting for the State of Michigan and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services to issue new guidance for athletes across the State.

Then Friday evening came.

The MDHHS issued a new epidemic order that stated that face masks are no longer required for all outdoor sports or masks are required for fully vaccinated individuals.

This new order includes athletes, spectators, coaches, and game officials. It also includes those in contact sports such as lacrosse and soccer.

Indoor sports will still have to wear a mask if they are still unvaccinated until July 1st.

All athletes are still required to do coronavirus testing.

The Centers for Disease Control updated their guidance that stated that fully vaccinated people can no longer wear the mask and socially distance. The State of Michigan and the MDHHS announced similar easing of the restrictions starting on Saturday at 9 AM.

There was no changes to the number of spectators that can be allowed at events.

It will be interesting to see what happens but for now everything seems to be heading in the right direction especially with coronavirus cases on the way down and people getting vaccinated.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.