Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Farmington Has Their New Football Coach.

Written Wednesday February 17th at 5:30 PM

Farmington went back to their past to find their new football coach.

Farmington Athletic Director Tim Micklash hired Jason Albrecht the new head coach of the Falcons on Wednesday afternoon. He takes over for Coach Kory Cicroch. Cicroch left to take the coaching job at Walled Lake Western last month.

The hire was confirmed by the Farmington Voice and my other top source.

Albrecht returned to Farmington where he was the offensive coordinator for Cicroch last season. He played under then coach John Bechtel. Bechtel would put him on staff for six years after graduating from Albion. Albrecht coached at Waterford Our Lady of the Lakes where they went to the State championship game in 2015.

Albrecht is also a physical education teacher at Farmington.

"It is an honor to take over the program that I played for and started my coaching career with. Not many coaches can say that are leading the program they grew up in. My goal is to provide our student athletes with experiences and lessons that will allow them to grow as a member of our school, community, and for their future. Developing leadership skills along with many other values will be a priority in our program" said Albrecht in a press release.

Farmington went 1-8 last season. They fell to Sterling Heights Stevenson in the first round of the postseason.

What should help Albrecht in 2021 is that he does have a ton of experience coming back.

The Falcons should one of the favorites in the Blue after going down from the White. Farmington has Jacob Saunders at running back along with quarterbacks Jalen Silver and Dominic Peshi along with linebacker Demetrian Moore.

"Every coach has a goal to win. I would not be honest if that was not one of my goals. I have coached teams that were underdogs and coached tams that went to the state championship. All had a goal to win games, the league, or championships but there is so much more that the game provides us" Albrecht concluded. 

My Thoughts

I really like the hire. Albrecht is a Falcon through and through, this is his dream job. Micklash went to the Bechtel coaching tree and Albrecht played and coached for Bechtel at Farmington. He knows the Falcon Way.

Farmington is in an interesting spot with them in the Blue. It will take some time for Albrecht to get his system down but if he can get the players to buy in and build a program then the Falcons could be a very interesting team to watch.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.