Saturday, February 27, 2021

Conley out at Southfield Arts and Tech.

Written Saturday February 27th at 10:45 AM

The Warriors will have a new varsity football coach this fall.

Southfield Arts and Tech Coach Tim Conley stepped down earlier this month confirmed by MIPrepZone's Scott Burnstein.

Conley coached for 16 years in Southfield. He won five district titles and got Southfield to two Division Two final fours. Conley oversaw the merger between Southfield and Southfield Lathrup to become Southfield Arts and Tech in 2016.

Conley was known for sending his kids on to Division One colleges but his record on the field has really struggled since the two schools merged.

Whoever the new coach will be will have a difficult task ahead of them being in the Red and seeing the likes of Clarkston, Lake Orion, West Bloomfield, Stoney Creek, and Oxford on a consistent basis. They do have a quarterback in Isiah Marshall to work with next season but there are a ton of questions everywhere else.

Program strength is a question mark next season at Southfield Arts and Tech. We'll see what happens.

My Thoughts

Conley did well in his 16 years at Southfield. He put kids in Division One Colleges but his record on the field was different. The Warriors have struggled on the field going 14-20 since 2017 which included a 1-3 record against Lake Orion and a 2-4 record against Clarkston.

It will be interesting to see who takes over at Southfield Arts and Tech next season.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.


MIPrepZone article.

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/sports/miprepzone/tim-conley-steps-down-as-head-coach-of-southfield-a-t/article_845057e6-790e-11eb-924b-8783cd593923.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.