Monday, July 22, 2019

Pontiac has their new Boys Basketball Coach.

Written Monday July 22nd at 4:20 PM

The Phoenix has their new Boys Basketball coach.

Pontiac according to MIPrepZone's Scott Burnstein named Dameon Odneal the team's new boys basketball coach replacing Joel Schroeder.

Schroeder left Pontiac for Lake Orion in April.

Odneal was the long time assistant and junior varsity coach for the Phoenix. He served as an assistant under Schroeder and longtime Pontiac and Pontiac Northern coach Robert Rogers.

Odneal does have some varsity coaching experience when he was at Waterford Kettering from 2013-2015.

Pontiac finished 22-3 getting to the Division Two regional finals before falling to New Haven last season. The Phoenix lost ten seniors from that team and has Tariah Hazard returning. Pontiac stayed in the Blue for this season and will have to deal with the likes of Berkley, Rochester, and Troy Athens.

Pontiac moved up to Division One after being in Division Two last season. They are in a tough district at West Bloomfield. They will see the likes of West Bloomfield, Waterford Mott, Bloomfield Hills, and Orchard Lake St. Marys in the postseason.

Thoughts.

I'm curious to see what Odneal will bring to the table at Pontiac. He knows the kids and the area real well. Odneal brings experience and familiarity which always helps.

I've liked Odneal personally, he is a character. If he can get his young team to continue to what Schroeder left off then there is no reason why the Phoenix could be back in the mix again.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

My Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-7-29-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.