Monday, July 8, 2019

Adams has their new Volleyball Coach.

Written Monday July 8th at 1:00 PM

The Highlanders have made a big splash and Terry Baughman has a new league to coach in.

Adams named Baughman as the team's new Varsity Girls Volleyball coach according to his Twitter and Max Preps confirmation. Baughman replaces Bridgette Harding after she stepped down last winter.

Baughman coached at Walled Lake Northern last season on route to a district title before losing to Stoney Creek in three games. He is well known also working for the Legacy program.

The Highlanders won the White in 2017 however they suffered through some growing pains moving up to  the Red last season. They will still be in the tough Red this season competing against the likes of defending Division One State Champion Lake Orion, Clarkston, Stoney Creek, Troy, Oxford, West Bloomfield, and Groves. Adams is in a tough district at Rochester with the Falcons, Stoney Creek, Romeo, Utica, and Utica Eisenhower this season.

Adams will have a young group back in Alexis Wolas, Lara Sebestian, Kennedy Jones, Audrey Thedford, Jacoby Flynn, Emanuela Gjokaj, Maxine Koos, Amber Morris, Rea Marfatia, and Maddie Knott.

Thoughts

This is a great hire of Baughman that Athletic Director Jason Rapp made. I announced last season's regional semifinal game between his Knights and Stoney Creek at Lake Orion and was thinking how a Baughman team would fair in the OAA. He was very successful at Walled Lake Northern leading them to a district title. The OAA is a much different league than the Lakes Valley Conference but Baughman should be up to the challenge changing leagues and styles. I think he will be a very good addition to a Highlanders program that needs stability. It will be interesting how the girls at Adams will adjust to his system but they will have to go through an transition period which takes time to grow.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

My Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-7-29-19

2 comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.