Saturday, November 24, 2018

Week Fourteen Recap.

Written Saturday November 24th at 4:15 PM

Chippewa Valley 31, CLARKSTON 30

Who would had ever thought that Clarkston would get dominated in the trenches, that’s what Chippewa Valley did early at Ford Field in the Division One State Championship Game. The first half points allowed surpassed the most points allowed by the Wolves in the playoffs and during the game the most they have allowed all season. The Big Reds got two big plays on the opening drive which led to a five yard touchdown run early. Chippewa Valley would get an interception on the Wolves opening drive of the game which would lead to their second score of the game. The Big Reds would then go deep in the air for a 45 yard passing touchdown. Clarkston on their second drive would use the halfback pass which led to a 38 yard field goal and a 14-3 deficit. Chippewa Valley would respond in the second quarter by getting a 37 yard field goal making the score 17-3 Big Reds. The Wolves would then respond driving down the field by getting a three yard touchdown run to make the score 17-10 Chippewa Valley. The Big Reds would get a 94 yard kickoff return for a touchdown keeping momentum on their side for a 24-10 lead heading into the half. The Wolves opened the second half by going methodical which led to their scoring drive from five yards out making the score 24-17 Chippewa Valley. The Big Reds would then respond going to the air for a 25 yard passing touchdown making the score 31-17 Chippewa Valley. The Wolves would then respond by using the quarterback draw from 44 yards making the score 31-24 Big Reds. Clarkston drove deep into Big Red territory which led to a seven yard touchdown pass but they decided to go for two and the win but the trick play they had failed which resulted in Chippewa Valley retaining the 31-30 lead. I would question coach Kurt Richardson’s decision to go for two instead of going for the tie to force overtime and also the play call on a reverse with your tight end wide open. This will make Wolves fans sick to their stomach, this was a game that they could have won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.