Sunday, October 21, 2018

Playoff Thoughts.

Written Sunday October 21st at 9:05 PM

Here are my thoughts on each team heading into the playoffs.

Harrison: The Hawks open up with Dearborn Heights Crestwood at home. That is a great matchup for Harrison, I don't think that the Cranes have an answer for the Hawks athleticism. Harrison matches up well with Birmingham Detroit Country Day based on athletes. My main concern for the Hawks going forward will be Grosse Ile. Grosse Ile is a very athletic team that can give Harrison problem and lack of depth could be an issue in that game. I like the draw that the Hawks got and they are in Division Four which is a bonus.

Farmington: This is a horrible matchup for the Falcons now yes they are at home and they beat Avondale 28-14 at Farmington and it's back at the scene of the crime. The Falcons have lost two straight by a combined 69-7. The key is can Farmington break out of this slump if not, good bye.

Avondale: This could not have gone any perfect for the Yellow Jackets, another chance at Farmington and if they win that one looking at Brandon in Ortonville. This is more of revenge week for Avondale which they are more than capable of winning this district.

Ferndale: The Eagles can't seem to get a break when it comes to the playoffs. First it was Detroit Martin Luther King, then it was Warren De LaSalle, and now it's Oak Park. The enrollment with Ferndale University has affected how the matchups have been for the Eagles and it showed this time.

Oak Park: The Knights picked up a big win last week over Clarkston now they will face Ferndale in the postseason. Oak Park has to get past the Eagles and then a likely clash with Warren De LaSalle in a rematch at Oak Park. If the Knights can win this district then they have a great chance to get to Ford Field.

Groves: The Falcons have an interesting matchup with Seaholm. They have won five straight over the Maples including a 26-9 win last week but the last time they went to Seaholm they needed to escape with the win last season. Groves has played by far a more tougher schedule than the Maples but anything is possible in the Maple Forest.

Seaholm: This is an interesting rematch with your arch rival at home. The Maples lost 26-9 to Groves in Beverly Hills last week. If I'm coach Jim DeWald this is the perfect time to look at adjustments and it's another opportunity to get revenge on Groves. The Maple Forest will be rocking this weekend.

Adams: The Highlanders got a great draw with Lakeland coming to Rochester but I'm very concerned about Adams defense because they give up a ton of points. Lakeland is a dangerous opponent for the Highlanders because of who they have back. It will be interesting to say the least.

Oxford: Can the Wildcats solve Cannon Hall??? Hall is Davison's quarterback and he was shut down last week against Lapeer. I'm very concerned with Oxford schedule the last two weeks since they beat Clarkston. If the Wildcats can regain that same intensity that they had prior to Clarkston then Oxford could give Lapeer big problems.

West Bloomfield: This is a tough district for the Lakers even though they have everyone coming to the Swamp but they have Novi Detroit Catholic Central and Canton as well. Plymouth is no easy pushover and West Bloomfield lost Donovan Edwards to injury a few weeks ago. The Lakers if they get by the district will have to deal with Belleville in the regional. This is a tough road for West Bloomfield.

Clarkston: The Wolves have been limping into the playoffs after losing to Oak Park last week but Clarkston always performs well in the playoffs. They have a great district draw and a rematch with their arch rival. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Lake Orion: The Dragons are back in the playoffs for the second time in five years and they take on a familiar opponent in Clarkston. Lake Orion has struggled against the Wolves not having beaten them since 2010, does that all change Friday???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.