Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Cross Country Regional Preview.

Written Wednesday October 24th at 12:00 AM

Here are my projections and insight heading into the Boys and Girls Regional for Cross Country. With thanks to my co-host Ian Locke and Athletic.net, here are my projections.

Region 6 @ Willow Metro Park

BERKLEY
OAK PARK
Ann Arbor Huron
Canton
Salem
Plymouth
Detroit Cass Tech
Detroit Western
Detroit Martin Luther King
Detroit Renaissance
Detroit University Detroit Jesuit
Garden City
Livonia Churchill
Livonia Franklin
Livonia Stevenson
Northville
Novi
Novi Detroit Catholic Central
Redford Thurston

Boys: Plymouth has five runners in the top ten. Salem has three runners in the top 15. Canton has three in the top 20. I think these three teams will move to the State final but it will be Plymouth that wins the trophy. PICK: PLYMOUTH.

Girls: The regional is a three team race between Northville, Salem, and Plymouth. Northville has six runners in the top 15. Plymouth has two runners in the top five and Salem has three in the top 15 and four in the top 20. I think Northville wins this regional. PICK: NORTHVILLE.

Region 7 @ Hess Hathaway Park

FARMINGTON
NORTH FARMINGTON
WEST BLOOMFIELD
Walled Lake Northern
Walled Lake Central
Walled Lake Western
Waterford Kettering
Waterford Mott
Lakeland
Holly
Milford
Fenton
Grand Blanc
Farmington Hills Mercy

Boys: This will be interesting as Milford has four runners in the top 15 while Walled Lake Central has three runners in the top ten. Lakeland has two runners in the top 15 and Fenton has two in the top 20. I think Milford and Walled Lake Central are locks while Lakeland survives and moves on to States. Milford looks to be the favorite to hold the regional crown. PICK: MILFORD.

Girls: Fenton has four runners in the top 20 while Milford has two runners in the top 15. I think Fenton and Milford are locks while Lakeland has two runners in the top 15. I see these three teams moving onto States and I see Milford pulling off an upset of sorts over Fenton. PICK: MILFORD.

Region 8 @ Lake St. Clair Metro Park

GROVES
SEAHOLM
TROY
TROY ATHENS
BLOOMFIELD HILLS
ROYAL OAK
Birmingham Brother Rice
Fraser
Grosse Pointe North
Grosse Pointe South
Roseville
St. Clair Shores Lake Shore
St. Clair Shores Lakeview
Sterling Heights
Sterling Heights Stevenson
Warren De LaSalle
Warren Mott
Warren Cousino
Warren Woods Tower

Boys: Grosse Pointe North has four runners in the top ten. Birmingham Seaholm has three runners in the top 20 and Birmingham Brother Rice has three in the top 20. I see the Norsemen, Maples, and Warriors moving onto States. I see Grosse Pointe North winning the regional crown. PICK: GROSSE POINTE NORTH.

Girls: I see Troy, Seaholm, and Bloomfield Hills moving onto States. The Colts have five runners in the top 20 while the Maples have four runners in the top 15 and the Blackhawks have three runners in the top 10. I think Troy wins this regional. PICK: TROY.

Region 9 @ Algonac

AVONDALE
CLARKSTON
LAKE ORION
OXFORD
ROCHESTER
ADAMS
STONEY CREEK
Chippewa Valley
New Baltimore Anchor Bay
Macomb Dakota
Romeo
Utica Ford
Utica Eisenhower
Utica
Macomb Lutheran North

Boys: Clarkston has four runners in the top 15 while Lake Orion has two in the top 15 and Oxford has three in the top 15. Stoney Creek has three in the top 20. I see the Wolves, Wildcats, and Cougars moving onto States but Clarkston wins the regional crown. PICK: CLARKSTON.

Girls: Clarkston has a deadly core of runners as they have six runners that are in the top 15. Lake Orion has two runners that are in the top 15 along with Romeo. These are the three teams I see getting to States but it will be Clarkston that holds the regional trophy. PICK: CLARKSTON.

Region 16 @ Linden Middle School

HARRISON
FERNDALE
Birmingham Detroit Country Day
Birmingham Marian
Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood
Clawson
Detroit Communication Media Arts
Detroit Cody
Detroit Fredrick Douglass
Detroit Mumford
Detroit Old Redford
Detroit University Prep
Goodrich
Linden
Lake Fenton
Orchard Lake St. Marys
Brandon
Pontiac Notre Dame Prep

Boys: This will be an interesting regional. I see Goodrich with five runners in the top 15 along with Lake Fenton who has six runners in the top 15 going through to States and Linden barely sneaks by as they have two runners in the top 15. I see Lake Fenton winning this regional over a solid Goodrich team. PICK: LAKE FENTON.

Girls: This is shaping up to be a tight meet between Pontiac Notre Dame Prep, Birmingham Marian, and Goodrich. All three of these teams have at least two runners in the top 15 coming into this meet. I think these three teams will be State bound but it will be the Fighting Irish that takes home the regional trophy. PICK: PONTIAC NOTRE DAME PREP.

Region 17 @ Algonac

HAZEL PARK
Algonac
Armada
Warren Fitzgerald
Warren Regina
Center Line
Croswell-Lexington
Harper Woods Chandler Park
Imlay City
Madison Heights Lamphere
Macomb Lutheran North
Marysville
Richmond
St. Clair
Yale

Boys: This will be interesting between Yale, Madison Heights Lamphere, and Armada. I think these teams will move onto States with the depth and talent that each team has. Armada has three runners in the top ten but Yale has four runners in the top 15. This will be a close meet but Yale survives close. PICK: YALE.

Girls: This is an interesting meet between Croswell-Lexington and Imlay City. Macomb Lutheran North might have a say as well. I like Croswell-Lexington to win this regional thanks to their running depth but Imlay City and Macomb Lutheran North will join them at States.  PICK: CROSWELL-LEXINGTON.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.