Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Rogers Out at Clarkston.

Written Tuesday May 8th at 10:30 PM

The Clarkston Wolves Girls Basketball team will be very different this fall.

Citing accurate sources Christine Rogers has stepped down from coaching the Wolves after Clarkston's longest tournament run in a while.

The Wolves lose Kayla Luchenbach, Molly Nicholson, Maddie Beck, Kianna Ayotte, among others to graduation. Luchenbach (Oakland) and Beck (Hawaii) will be heading to Division One Schools next season. Clarkston will be very young next season led by Taylor Heaton, Piper Bosart, Lexi Linton, and Kaitlyn Kaul.

Clarkston went 20-5 last season losing to the eventual State Champions Saginaw Heritage in the State Quarterfinals.

Rogers has coached some very good players in the Wolves basketball program including Erika Davenport, Kayla Luchenbach, Maddie Beck, and Molly Nicholson.

Thoughts

This is very interesting now that Rogers is now out at Clarkston. Now you got to look at the whole program including the Middle School ranks as well. Does Wolves Athletic Director Jeff Kosin go internal or does he hire someone outside the box??? both are possible. An interesting decision if Kosin chooses this route is that he could convince Tim Waslik to go back to coach the Girls. Waslik coached the Girls until the 2012 season when he left to become an assistant for the Boys program for Dan Fife.

Whomever coaches the Wolves will have a very young but talented team (Junior Varsity team went 20-0) but patience will be needed for this job. This hire will also test Kosin because this is now his first major hire as Athletic Director.

Whomever also gets this job will have to compete in the very tough Red which will have Royal Oak, Southfield Arts and Tech, North Farmington, Bloomfield Hills, Groves, and Stoney Creek to deal with.

We shall see what happens.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest developments on this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.