Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Boys Lacrosse Regional Preview.

Written Tuesday May 15th at 10:10 PM

Here is the insight and projections heading into the Boys Lacrosse side of things around the OAA.


Region 4 @ Walled Lake Northern

8. Madison Heights Bishop Foley vs 1. Novi Detroit Catholic Central
5. Walled Lake Northern vs 4. Novi
7. NORTH FARMINGTON-HARRISON vs 2. South Lyon
6. Walled Lake Central vs 3. Huron Valley

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This is an interesting regional to say the least. I can see Novi Detroit Catholic Central getting to the final easily in this district, taking on a South Lyon or Huron Valley team that could make some noise. What also has helped the Shamrocks is that they have had Birmingham Brother Rice’s number lately but thankfully for the Warriors they are not in this regional. PICK: NOVI DETROIT CATHOLIC CENTRAL.

Region 5 @ Clarkston

8. WEST BLOOMFIELD vs 1. LAKE ORION
5. STONEY CREEK vs 4. CLARKSTON
7. ROCHESTER vs 2. BLOOMFIELD HILLS
6. Waterford vs 3. ADAMS

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: Could this be the year of the Dragons??? Lake Orion has done really well in the Red this season and has wins over Bloomfield Hills and Clarkston on the road. I think looking at this draw this is the year of the Dragon barring another upset by the host Wolves but don’t see it happening. PICK: LAKE ORION.

Region 6 @ Seaholm

8. Warren Mott vs 1. Birmingham Brother Rice
5. BIRMINGHAM vs 4. Grosse Pointe South
7. Sterling Heights Stevenson vs 2. TROY
6. Utica Ford II vs 3. Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: The Warriors have been human this season but have earned just enough to get a top seed heading into the tournament despite having tough losses to Novi Detroit Catholic Central and Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central. Birmingham Brother Rice is expected to win this regional but keep an eye on Troy. The Colts could make some noise along with Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit whom has loomed as a possible contender. It wouldn’t surprise me if an upset is possible here and I think there will be with Troy shocking Birmingham Brother Rice. PICK: TROY.

Region 7 @ Utica Eisenhower

8. Port Huron vs 1. TROY ATHENS
5. L’Anse Creuse North vs 4. Macomb Dakota
7. Anchor Bay vs 2. Utica Eisenhower
6. Utica vs 3. Romeo

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This is an interesting regional with the Red Hawks going into Macomb County. I think this will be a Troy Athens/Utica Eisenhower regional final at Sweinhart Field with the Red Hawks moving on. PICK: TROY ATHENS.

Region 8 @ Oxford

8. Holly vs 1. Brighton
5. OXFORD vs 4. Saginaw Heritage
7. Lapeer vs 2. Midland
6. Grand Blanc vs 3. Davison

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This is a tough regional to say the least with Brighton, Midland, Saginaw Heritage, and Davison in here but looking at the long hall of things I see a Brighton/Davison final, sorry to the good folks of Midland with the Bulldogs moving on. PICK: BRIGHTON.

Region 14 @ Birmingham Detroit Country Day

5. FARMINGTON vs 4. Ann Arbor Greenhills
5. FARMINGTON/4. Ann Arbor Greenhills vs 1. Birmingham Detroit Country Day
7. Walled Lake Western vs 2. Dearborn Divine Child
6. Royal Oak Shrine vs 3. Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This is not necessary a strong regional but when in doubt, go with the home team over Dearborn Divine Child and the home team is the Yellow Jackets. PICK: BIRMINGHAM DETROIT COUNTRY DAY.

Region 15 @ Warren Cousino

5. L’Anse Creuse vs 4. St. Clair
5. L’Anse Creuse/4. St. Clair vs 1. Grosse Pointe North
7. Warren Cousino vs 2. Grosse Pointe University Liggett
6. ROYAL OAK vs 3. Warren DeLaSalle

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This regional is interesting but I think three teams have a shot at winning this regional. I think Grosse Pointe North is a lock to get to the regional final but either Grosse Pointe University Liggett or Warren DeLaSalle will meet them. I like the Norsemen to win this regional. PICK: GROSSE POINTE NORTH.

Region 16 @ Orchard Lake St. Marys

8. Bay City Central vs 1. Orchard Lake St. Marys
5. Bay City Western vs 4. Swartz Creek
7. Lake Fenton vs 2. Flint Powers Catholic
6. AVONDALE vs 3. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: I see a rematch here between Orchard Lake St. Marys and Flint Powers Catholic but this time around I see Flint Powers Catholic pulling off the upset on the red turf. PICK: FLINT POWERS CATHOLIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.