Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Girls Lacrosse Regional Preview.

Written Tuesday May 15th at 10:00 PM

The Girls Lacrosse tournament starts this week so here is the insight and projections heading into the regionals.


# Pre-Regional

Region 3 @ West Bloomfield

# WEST BLOOMFIELD vs BIRMINGHAM
WEST BLOOMFIELD/BIRMINGHAM vs Utica Ford II
Utica Eisenhower vs Grosse Pointe North
# TROY vs Walled Lake Central
TROY/Walled Lake Central vs BLOOMFIELD HILLS
TROY ATHENS vs Grosse Pointe South

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This one is interesting. West Bloomfield is playing well and is on its home field. Birmingham has tradition on its side even though they are very young this season. The winner will likely see either Bloomfield Hills, Grosse Pointe South, Troy Athens, or Troy on the other side. I think this is a wide open regional but it will be a shocker with the Blackhawks advancing. PICK: BLOOMFIELD HILLS.

Region 2 @ Novi

# Salem vs Canton
Salem/Canton vs Novi
Northville vs Plymouth
# NORTH FARMINGTON-HARRISON vs Ann Arbor Pioneer
NORTH FARMINGTON-HARRISON/Ann Arbor Pioneer vs South Lyon
Ann Arbor Huron vs Brighton
# Ann Arbor Huron/Brighton vs Saline

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This will certainly be one of the toughest regionals in the State. You have Northville, Ann Arbor Pioneer, Novi, Plymouth, Saline and Canton have a shot at winning this regional. The favorite is Ann Arbor Pioneer but Northville is not that far behind. I think this will be an Ann Arbor Pioneer/Saline regional final with the Pioneers moving on. PICK: ANN ARBOR PIONEER.

Region 4 @ Lake Orion

# Huron Valley vs CLARKSTON
Huron Valley/CLARKSTON vs Midland
Holly vs Grand Blanc
# OXFORD vs LAKE ORION
OXFORD/LAKE ORION vs Fenton
Waterford vs Hartland

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This could be an interesting regional at Lake Orion but there is one team that really stands out and that’s the team from Livingston County. I think this will be a Midland vs Hartland final with the Eagles moving on convincingly PICK: HARTLAND.

Region 7 @ Pontiac Notre Dame Prep

# Davison vs ROCHESTER
Davison/ROCHESTER vs Birmingham Marian
Birmingham Detroit Country Day vs Cranbrook-Kingswood
# STONEY CREEK vs ADAMS
STONEY CREEK/ADAMS vs Bloomfield Hills Academy of Sacred Heart
# ROYAL OAK vs Warren Regina
ROYAL OAK/Warren Regina vs Pontiac Notre Dame Prep

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This will be an interesting regional but its top heavy. Birmingham Marian and Cranbrook-Kingswood are on a collision course to meet in a semifinal matchup. The other side is not the strongest even though I see the host Pontiac Notre Dame Prep coming out of that side and into the regional final. Whomever wins the Birmingham Marian and Cranbrook-Kingswood matchup will win this regional. I think the Cranes move on here. PICK: CRANBROOK-KINGSWOOD.

Region 6 @ Ann Arbor Skyline

# Tecumseh vs Dexter
Tecumseh/Dexter vs Temperance Bedford
Grosse Pointe Woods vs Farmington Hills Mercy
# Ann Arbor Skyline vs Walled Lake Northern
Ann Arbor Skyline/Walled Lake Northern vs Livonia Ladywood
# Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard vs FARMINGTON
Ann Arbor Gabriel Richard/FARMINGTON vs Wixom St. Catherine Sienna Academy

INSIGHT/PROJECTION: This could be an interesting regional with Ann Arbor Skyline, Farmington, and Farmington Hills Mercy having chances to win this regional. I think the Marlins have the easiest path to get to the regional final. Farmington and Ann Arbor Skyline will have to see each other at some point. I think this is Farmington Hills Mercy’s to lose. PICK: FARMINGTON HILLS MERCY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.