Thursday, July 14, 2016

MHSAA-MHSBCA Showcase held. Thoughts and Why EACH OAA school should be represented and not a selective few.

Written Thursday June 14th at 4:45 PM

Well there are plenty of showcases to show your skills and talents to local scouts and colleges but there are some of the things that I don't agree when people express showcases and talents.

On Thursday there was a showcase at Milford High School called the MHSAA-MHSBCA Showcase, which is at it's eighth season holding this event. The Boys Basketball players had theirs on Thursday while the Girls Basketball players are expected to have theirs next week.

Several OAA Players went to this camp, some of which are expected to be top players heading into this upcoming winter. They were Jason Dietz (Troy), Hunter Schattler (Rochester), Jordan Graham (Farmington), CJ Robinson (Clarkston), Tristan Mysen (Clarkston), Mike Flowers (Southfield), Kiewaun Graham (Bloomfield Hills), Drew Sheckell (Groves), and Jalen Kelso (Pontiac???)

These players witnessed the experience and showed their skills to colleges and recruiters. They had the opportunity to be mentored, had some drills, scrimmages, and had speakers speak to them about the life of the game.

Thoughts:

Yes this is an opportunity players to show their skills and talents they have learned as well as get a chance to hear from some of the best coaches that have played in the game but I don't like how the invitation process was given. More than 200 players were invited to this gathering and the OAA was well represented but I really want is this showcase to be expanded and have a player represented by EACH OAA school and not by a certain one.

Each OAA team should send one representative to this Showcase, it is only fair to each school to get them recognized out there. Now I'm not being mean to those who were there, these guys were deserving to be there but there are some others whom I felt should had been there and given an equal chance.

I would think this would be a competitive balance if each OAA school was represented no matter how good the player is, this to me is a selective thing and this is an unfair competitive balance. It will open up the process even more if a certain player from each OAA school is invited to this camp and also maybe the rest of the State as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.