Friday, July 8, 2016

Marshall named Warriors Coach over Glinz.

Written Friday July 8th at 5:45 PM

Well it looks like the Southfield Girls Basketball job won't belong to Jamie Glinz after all.

After a controversial process the Warriors went with former Lathrup coach Michelle Marshall over Glinz. Marshall was introduced as the team's new coach last Wednesday night.

In a statement, Southfield Public Schools Public Relations Manager Jacquine Robinson sent out this statement to MIPrepZone writer Scott Bernstein. "Southfield Public Schools has an abundance of coaching talent and recognizes that both coach Michelle Marshall and Jamie Glinz are highly skilled individuals. After careful analysts of the qualifications of both candidates, the expanded review committee, comprised of all secondary and middle schools determined that coach Michelle Marshall was best suited to hold the position of girls basketball coach for Southfield High School for Arts and Technology"

Glinz was given the job after Memorial Day and was taking the team to summer camps but school officials told him that the job was reopened and that the review committee was going to decide the process of the hire. The Southfield School Board never approved his hiring.

Marshall has built the Chargers into powerhouse programs, including a State Championship crown in 2005.

It is likely that Deja Church will return to the Warriors and will likely have Tyler Washington, D'Layna Holloman, Rizaria Franklin, and Alexis Johnson all back. Also Southfield will have incoming freshman Cheyenne McEvans coming there as well.

The Warriors are in the Red with Stoney Creek, Clarkston, Adams, and North Farmington. Southfield will be in a district at Detroit Renissance with the Phoenix, Hamtramck, Warren Fitzgerald, Berkley, and Oak Park.

With the recent school size it is likely that Southfield have a freshman team but the last few seasons she has not.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for this developing story. We will have thoughts and analysts on this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.