Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Baseball/Softball/Girls Soccer Thoughts after Quarterfinal and Semifinal Day.

Written Tuesday June 14th at 8:02 PM
Updated Tuesday June 14th at 9:00 PM

You know looking at the Baseball Quarterfinal, I wasn't surprised that Rochester fell 6-0 by Hartland. The Eagles are a very good team for starters and is senior heavy while the Falcons only had one senior and was playing with house money in this tournament after beating Stoney Creek, Utica Eisenhower, and Adams. Rochester finished the season at 24-18 and does return a ton of talent for next season, so it wouldn't surprise me that the Falcons could be right back where they are at next season.

Looking at Softball Quarterfinal, the Dragons offense did show up and rattled Andrea Elmore whom normally is solid but they knew Farmington Hills Mercy had a solid hitting team and was going to get to Sierra Gonzales and they did. The Marlins were relentless especially early and often scoring eight runs in the first three innings, four in the first inning for a 4-0 deficit just before Orion would come to bat. The Dragons did have their chances to get back in the game but left the bases loaded in the second inning. The dagger was a three run inside the park home run by Anna Dixon which made the score 11-3 at the time. Farmington Hills Mercy would win 11-7 over Orion. The Dragons season ended at 35-6 but return a ton of talent next season which should make them one of the favorites along with Clarkston to make another deep run into the playoffs.

The Stoney Creek Cougars will be the only OAA squad heading to the State Finals for Girls Soccer after beating Novi 2-1 in a shootout at home. It's huge that the Cougars are back here especially with the tournament schedule that they have played to get here. Stoney Creek has now beaten Utica Ford, Utica Eisenhower, Macomb Dakota, Troy Athens, and Novi, all teams ranked or mentioned in the State Rankings this season. Stoney Creek will now play Canton in the Division One State Finals on Friday at Michigan State at 4 PM.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.