Sunday, February 22, 2015

Rubin may not be the best fit to coach the Bloomfield Hills Boys Program and reasons why.

Written Sunday February 22nd at 4:40 PM

Jeff Rubin's name has came up to coach the boys basketball team at Bloomfield Hills since the shocking resignation of Dwayne Graves. However in a recent blog article written by MIPrepzone's Scott Bernstein, it is possible that Rubin could coach the boys again next season.

Rubin is currently the girls basketball coach at Bloomfield Hills and does have experience coaching both boys and girls at the same time while he was at Andover. Bernstein added that he was the best choice to coach them next season but there are some questions if Rubin does coach both boys and girls again, although its not likely he will do so.

1. Loyalty and Respect: There are many players who respect Graves for what he did at Bloomfield Hills and at Lahser and also the Lahser kids and how they would respond if Rubin were to coach them. The Andover kids should have no problem because he was the coach there.

2. Girls Program: What will happen if the girls and boys play on the same day, where will Rubin be at if he coaches both teams???

3. Differences in Styles: Rubin is a run and gun coach, loves fast breaks while Graves had set plays for his team and likes to slow the action down. Rubin does have some set plays set up for his big girl Amanda Sape and his point guard Amanda Moss. There is a different clash in styles if Rubin were to become the coach.

4. Jeff Rubin Himself: We don't know if Rubin has the heart to coach both teams again like he did at Andover. He has a strong family who supports him and he coaches one program. It would be very hard to coach both programs and we aren't sure if he wants to do it again.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for complete coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.