Thursday, February 5, 2015

McMann takes over Ravens Football Program.

Written Friday February 6th at 1:00 AM

Consistency has been an issue in Royal Oak.

The Ravens will have their fourth football coach in six seasons (three in four years) but someone very familiar with within the building.

Royal Oak hired Ray McMann to coach it's varsity football program after coach Tim Chapman resigned on Thanksgiving.

McMann is a chemistry teacher, also coaches the Boys Golf Team at Royal Oak but does bring football coaching experience coaching under Terry Powers and coaching the Middle School and High School levels in Royal Oak.

Royal Oak as a school has been 19-64 since merging Royal Oak Kimball and Royal Oak Dondero in 2006.

McMann wants a strong tie in with the Middle School program bring alumnis from both Royal Oak Kimball, Royal Oak Dondero, and Royal Oak themselves.

The Ravens this year will be in the Blue after a miserable campaign in the White, going winless. Royal Oak opens up the season with the team they replaced in the Blue, Farmington.

We'll see what happens.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.