Friday, January 17, 2020

Oxford Has Their New Football Coach.

Written Saturday January 18th at 1:45 AM

The Wildcats have found their next Varsity football coach and it’s an very interesting choice.

Oxford named Zach Line as the team’s new football coach replacing Bud Rowley who was there for over 40 years.

Line who returns home, played for Rowley in 2008. He played running back, fullback, and linebacker while at Oxford. He had 154 tackles with eight forced fumbles and four recoveries as a linebacker. Line had over 1,700 rushing yards with 17 touchdowns and three passing scores.

Line played College Football at Southern Methodist University in Dallas where he had over 4,100 rushing yards and 47 touchdowns as a Mustang.

Line played in the NFL where he played for three different teams including the Minnesota Vikings and the New Orleans Saints where he played fullback and spent time on special teams.

Line will meet his new team next week according to the press release.

Thoughts

Line brings a boatload of experience to Oxford especially from college and his pro days as a player. The Wildcats went 1-8 last season but they have a ton of experience coming back led by quarterback Brady Carpenter along with a ton of solid skill players.

The down side is that Line does not have any coaching experience but the hope around Oxford is that Line’s experience’s in the pros, college, and his days as a Wildcat will overcome his lack of coaching experience.

Another daunting task is that the Wildcats play in the Red which they will see the likes of arch rival Lake Orion, Clarkston, West Bloomfield, Oak Park, and Southfield Arts and Tech. The crossovers are very brutal with Stoney Creek whom has a boatload of experience back along with North Farmington who has their quarterback and very strong coaching staff returning. Oxford has to play Romeo and Sterling Heights Stevenson for their non league.

Another question mark for Line is can he bring his influence and expertise in the sub-varsity, youth football, and middle school programs. The Wildcats has always been known for "Pound the Rock." Will Line keep that identity, that's the question???

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

Here is the press release.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.