Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Pontiac has their new Varsity Football Coach.

Written Tuesday April 16th at 9:45 AM

The Pontiac Phoenix have found their next football coach.

Citing a very accurate source, the Phoenix have named Ken Wade to be the next Varsity Football coach replacing Charles Talley. Wade will be the school's fourth coach in six seasons.

Wade is the third new head coach that will compete in the Blue this upcoming season joining Jon Herstein at North Farmington and Corey Bell at Avondale.

Wade has coached youth football at Pontiac and worked with former North Farmington football coach Bob Chiesa when they were at Waterford Mott for several years.

Wade met his team last week according to the accurate source.

Wade will have a really tough task turning a Phoenix program that went 1-8 last season and has been 5-48 since 2012.

Thoughts

Wade has local ties working with the youth football program so he knows this team and area real well. If given the time he can turn this program around but as mentioned it will be a struggle to turn Pontiac around.

Rome wasn't built overnight and that's what the Phoenix program needs right now is stability and time to let them grow and develop.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

Here is the Podcast from the Local Voice
https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-042219

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.