Sunday, February 11, 2018

Wrestling Team Regional Preview

Written: February 11th 2018 1:42 PM

Regional 110.2 @ Goodrich

AVONDALE vs Marysville
Goodrich vs Holly

Thoughts and Insight: Goodrich is the host in this regional and were dominant in their district with wins over Imlay City (60-16) and Croswell-Lexington (42-23.) Avondale shocked some folks coming into this regional with wins over Pontiac (54-15) and a shocker over Orchard Lake St. Marys (45-30.) Holly won their district pretty handily as they beat Brandon (42-24) and Linden (55-11.) Marysville had to beat Armada 45-30 to come into this regional.

PICK: I like Marysville to come out of this regional. They have the reputation and could very well get to Kalamazoo.

Regional 107.1 @ Hartland

SEAHOLM vs Hartland
Walled Lake Central vs Warren Mott

Thoughts and Insight: Seaholm came out of nowhere to win their district as they upset favored and host Southfield Arts and Tech 36-30 along with Groves 56-21. Hartland is a State power and they were dominant against Lakeland (78-6) and Milford (78-0) showing why they are a power.  Warren Mott easily won their district by beating Warren Cousino 58-22 and Royal Oak 77-6. Walled Lake Central used their emotion, after a sudden passing of a teammate by winning their district over North Farmington (78-6) and West Bloomfield (58-22.)

PICK: Is there any doubt that Hartland will move on here. They host the regional and the Eagles will be dominant.

Regional 102.1 @ Clarkston

CLARKSTON vs OXFORD
ORION vs TROY

Thoughts and Insight: This regional feature the three top place teams at the Oakland County Meet and at the League Meet. These four teams are familiar with each other as these four teams met at the OAA League Meet at Adams. Three of these teams compete in the Red while the other competes in the White. Clarkston defeated Waterford 60-3 to earn the honor of hosting the district. Oxford, the defending regional champions from a year ago went into Romeo and overwhelmed Romeo (49-19) and Port Huron Northern (62-9.) Orion hosted and won their district defeating Red foes Adams (36-29) and Rochester (55-21). Troy also hosted and won their district defeating MAC foes Utica 54-18 and Utica Eisenhower (39-31).

PICK: Oxford is the favorite in this regional. The Wildcats have experience and has been here before. Clarkston the host will not make it easy for them. Orion should defeat Troy but Oxford’s experience and depth will be too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.