Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Lantzy Out at Stoney Creek.

Written Wednesday November 15th at 10:05 PM

The Bob Lantzy era at Stoney Creek appears be over.

Citing a few sources, Lantzy has stepped down from the Cougars program effective immediately.

Stoney Creek was 5-13 in the two seasons under Lantzy. The Cougars finished 3-6 this season and 2-7 last season.

Lantzy came to Stoney Creek in 2016, after coaching 41 seasons at Utica Eisenhower from 1971-2011 in which he was Macomb County’s coach of the year four times, went to four State Championship games, and won 12 MAC titles with the Eagles.

Stoney Creek had a rough year on both sides of the football scoring 93 points which is 20 points lower than Lantzy’s first season in which they scored 113 points. Defensibly the Cougars improved but still allowed too many points though, Stoney Creek gave up 211 points which was less than the 243 points they allowed last season.

Lantzy departs Stoney Creek with a 309-168-1 record all time.

Thoughts.

It just didn’t work out at Stoney Creek for Lantzy.

It will be interesting to see where the Cougars go next season with their new coach. Stoney Creek will be very young but will return two quarterbacks in Frank Potenza and Peyton Youngblood along with lineman Jake Ropeta.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest developments on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.