Monday, April 3, 2017

Spring Sports Top Five Teams

Written Monday April 3rd at 10:00 PM

Happy Spring Break folks, anyway here are my top five teams for most of the Spring Sports. I know a lot of people may not agree with me, so here they are.

Baseball.

1. Rochester: Falcons have everyone back from a team that made the quarterfinals. Can they make a playoff run this season???

2. Orion: Will be the toughest challenger to Rochester but can the Dragons find some hitting???

3. West Bloomfield: Lakers have a ton of experience, athletic and quick. They will be solid.

4. Stoney Creek: Cougars always disciplined, might not be most talented team but well coached.

5. Clarkston: Wolves have veterans back, they could make some noise.


Softball.

1. Orion: Dragons have experience but can they gel together???

2. Clarkston: Wolves are in the same boat as the Dragons.

3. North Farmington: Raiders have the pitching but hitting is a question mark.

4. Oxford: Wildcats making progress, could make some noise.

5. Athens: Red Hawks have experience back, should be competitive.


Girls Soccer.

1. Stoney Creek: Expect the defending champs to be solid again this season.

2. Bloomfield Hills: Blackhawks have experience, should be an interesting team to keep an eye on.

3. Adams: Highlanders could be in line for a special season.

4. Berkley: Bears have experience, expect Berkley to do some greatness this season.

5. Avondale: Experience is huge for the Yellow Jackets, will make some noise this season.


Boys Lacrosse.

1. Orion: Dragons have a ton of experience back, they could make a deep run this season.

2. Athens: Red Hawks had a rough year last season, expected to do better this season.

3. Clarkston: Wolves are very young but is deep as always but they could be in for a long season.

4. Birmingham: Bulldogs could surprise some people this season.

5. Oxford: Weak division gives the Wildcats a good shot to do some damage this season.


Girls Lacrosse.

1. Birmingham: Bulldogs made the State Final last season, could be back again.

2. Athens: Red Hawks have some talent back this season.

3. Troy: Colts could be interesting to keep an eye on.

4. Orion: Dragons have the talent to break out this season.

5. Stoney Creek: Cougars will be an interesting team to keep an eye on this season.


Boys Track.

1. Oak Park: Knights will be tough to compete with this season.

2. Orion: Dragons strong in distance and field events, sprints are a question mark.

3. Troy: Colts dark horse to keep an eye on this season.

4. Clarkston: Wolves have the depth and distance.

5. Southfield Arts and Tech: Warriors have the depth to compete with anyone.


Girls Track.

1. Oak Park: Defending champs have a ton of talent back, will be experienced.

2. Clarkston: The Wolves have the distance and depth to compete with anyone in the State.

3. Orion: Dragons field events will be dangerous and they have balance as well.

4. Bloomfield Hills: Blackhawks have been sneaky but they do well at the right time.

5. Adams: The Highlanders will surprise some folks this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.