Saturday, April 22, 2017

An Old Face Returns to the OAA.

Written Saturday April 22nd at 4:40 PM

The Rochester Falcons have found a new Girls Basketball coach. An old face is coming back but to coach a different team.

The Falcons hired Al Poynter to coach the team, replacing Adam Sheldon whom resigned earlier in the month.

Poynter brings a ton of experience to Rochester. He was at Oxford until 2011 in which he led the Wildcats to have successful seasons in the Flint Metro League.

Rochester went 3-18 last season, losing to Adams in the district semifinal. The Falcons will have a ton of issues to fix within the program. Rochester will have Tori Hawkins back and she should be healthy for next season.

Thoughts.

Rochester is a mess but they have found the right guy to fix this mess.

Poynter has had a history of taking over messes and have made something out of nothing. He must get the Girls committed to play basketball and build a program over there. Sheldon had commitment issues in his final season.

We’ll see what happens but Poynter has a ton of work to do over at Rochester.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.