Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Take Away's from Day Three Tournament Action.

Written Wednesday December 28th at 11:00 PM
Updated Thursday December 29th at 10:30 PM

Take away's from Day Three at the Motor City Round Ball, the Macomb L’Anse Creuse Tournament, and the Northville Holiday Tournament.

Pontiac Loses Tough One.

The Phoenix got a stellar game from Brala Benion with her 21 points but it wasn’t enough as Pontiac fell 39-32 to Bay City All Saints to fall to 3-4 on the season. The Phoenix badly out-rebounded Bay City All Saints 31-14 but it was the turnovers that doomed Pontiac as they turned it over 15 times. Aniya Erkins had 12 points for coach Christopher Wright’s team but it wasn’t enough to win this game. I think the Phoenix will be fine going forward.

Bloomfield Hills Bounces Back.

The Blackhawks Boys Basketball team were fresh off a tough 67-58 loss to Orchard Lake St. Marys last night took out their anger and frustration on New Baltimore Anchor Bay destroying the Tars 68-37 on Wednesday night. It is a nice bounce back for coach Mike Marynaski’s squad at Macomb L’Anse Creuse North. Bloomfield Hills plays on Friday in the Motor City Roundball against Cincinatti Colerain in an interesting matchup. The Blackhawks should be fine going forward with their talent and chemistry.

Troy Athens Falls in an Instant Classic.

The Red Hawks Boys Basketball team couldn’t protect a lead late in the game against Livonia Stevenson and at the end of the day it was the Spartans that beat Troy Athens 76-72. The Red Hawks were balanced on the night as they were led by Jacob Bradley’s 21 points, Taylor McCaskill had 17 points, Nick Cotton had 11 points, and Clark Joslin had 10 points on the night for coach Dave Scott’s team. Troy Athens was out-rebounded 25-14 and was 15-22 from the line. Those things won’t get it done for the Red Hawks and Scott knows it. Troy Athens will host Okemos on Friday.

Southfield Arts and Tech has depth.

When Southfield and Southfield-Lathrup merged schools, we knew they would have a lot of depth because of how successful both Girls Basketball teams were last season. The Warriors didn’t have Deja Church for their game against Flint Powers Catholic on Wednesday night but it didn’t even matter as Southfield Arts and Tech destroyed the Chargers 76-30 behind 26 points from Alexis Johnson and 22 points from Michigan Storm AAU standout Cheyenne McEvans. I still have big concerns for the Warriors moving forward but they still have depth.

Oxford Survives Ann Arbor Skyline.

The Wildcats Girls Basketball team were fresh off getting blown out 63-30 by Northville found a way to get past Ann Arbor Skyline 27-23 on Wednesday afternoon at Northville in the constellation game of the Northville Tournament. Oxford has had a string of bad luck when it comes to close games, losing to both Lapeer 39-37 and Avondale 40-38. This is a big win for coach Rachel Bryer and her Wildcats as they head to the new year with some confidence going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.