Saturday, May 21, 2016

June is a Big Month for the OAA.

Written Saturday May 21st at 8:40 PM

When looking at past June's life around the OAA is normal with end of the spring season meetings, basketball schedules are filled out for Athletic Directors.

For underclassmen, Football camps and training start, Basketball summer leagues are underway along with Baseball, Softball, and Volleyball camps. Usually people go on their summer break and school is let out and if your a Senior, graduation parties and that opportunity to look ahead into college life.

Usually by June 15th the Volleyball districts are released by the MHSAA, which also leads to the Boys and Girls Basketball districts.

Why this upcoming June is important for the league is because the ten schools that are leaving the Kensington Lakes Activities Association will need to have their plans set to leave the league by this month and also give them a one season notice about why they are leaving.

There has been rumors going around that nine of the ten schools could join the Oakland Activities Association.

The OAA is in need of expanding with Harrison closing in three years and Southfield and Lathrup are merging to become Southfield Arts and Technology. This could be their best opportunity to expand without going into other areas. Nine of the ten schools are in Oakland County so there aren't any bylaws in the OAA charter broken.

Another rumor is the league letting in the remaining 14 schools from the Kensington Lakes Activities Association along with Lapeer. A move that would benefit the league by giving the southern schools what they want and the northern schools what they want. The only issue would be is that the schools are outside of Oakland County with the exception of Novi. This move would make the league into a Super Conference.

Something has to happen in June.

It's all with the OAA right now to see what the league does.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.