Monday, July 13, 2015

Romeo could be on a very similar path to Macomb Dakota.

Written Monday July 13th at 9:40 PM

The Romeo Bulldogs won the State Crown in 2014 for Volleyball, the second team in three seasons from Macomb County to win the crown but it could be on a similar path to a former State Champion, it's MAC Red rival Macomb Dakota.

Yes the Bulldogs return Gia Milana whom is a Miss Michigan candidate for Volleyball and will be heading to Maryland next season but this Romeo team coached by Stacy Williams might be on a very similar course that Tracy Ferguson had in 2014 with her team.

The Cougars had Carly Snyder, a very talented lady and won Miss Michigan for Volleyball whom is at Florida now and she led a young Dakota team. She had to carry them and then got hurt. The Cougars struggled until she returned. Dakota won a district title but fell to Romeo in the regional finals in 2014 at Sterling Heights Stevenson.

But this could be different.

Romeo has Milana back but the supporting cast is much better than Snyder had in her senior season. The Bulldogs lost four seniors but they will be very good besides Milana. Romeo returns Payton Klein, Erica LeBere, Breanna Olley, and Jordie Kelly. Williams's Bulldogs also have experience playing without Milana as she was out last season for a few months due to a back injury that forced her to miss half of the regular season after she was out after two stress fractures in 2014.

However this road could be much tougher for Romeo as they are in a much tougher district with Macomb Dakota and Anchor Bay in there. The Cougars should be improved and the Tars won the district last season at Dakota's expense and is very good again.

If the Bulldogs were to win the district it will host the regional but it will be a tough regional semifinal especially if the matchup is against Orion.

Orion matches Romeo much better than Clarkston even though the Dragons have had trouble beating the Wolves when it counts in districts. The Dragons know Milana very well and have two girls in Natalie Wehner and Kori Varney that played on the same AAU team as Milana that won a National Championship in Florida.

The Dragons have the size to match the Bulldogs but Clarkston would like to have another shot at Romeo after losing in the regional finals last season and if Romeo goes that far then they would clash with either Seaholm or Marian in the State Quarterfinals.

We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.