Sunday, March 8, 2015

Girls Regional Preview.

Written Sunday March 8th at 11:30 PM

Two teams remain in the OAA for the regional but they have two tough matchups. I don't know if either Lathrup or Stoney Creek will advance to the regional finals with their tough matchups.

Stoney Creek vs Waterford Kettering: The Cougars won the tough Orion district eliminating Adams in the district finals. Now they will go to Sterling Heights Stevenson and have a rematch with Waterford Kettering. Stoney Creek eliminated the Captains last season at Orion and returns point guard Maria Zandi. Zandi had 31 points against Adams and she got some help from Emma Sobaczyni against both Oxford and Adams. Zandi will need help scoring because Waterford Kettering along with their seven seniors provide a huge problem for Stoney Creek. The Captains are known as "the defense department" with their aggressive defense and expereince. Also depth is a huge problem as well as the Cougars only have ten players on their roster. If Stoney Creek upsets Waterford Kettering then they could clash with Port Huron Northern, I think the Cougars will beat Port Huron Northern if they do play them. I don't think Port Huron Northern nor Romeo beats the Oakland County team in the regional.

Lathrup vs Birmingham Marian: The Chargers were embarrassed last season at the hands of the Mustangs at Orion but this regional match up is at Southfield, the arch rival of Lathrup. Birmingham Marian has most of their team back from a team that won the State title last season. Lathrup coach Michelle Jackson-Marshall toughen up her non conference schedule just to prepare her team for this game. The Mustangs look to be unbeatable but if their is any team not name Detroit Martin Luther King who could beat Birmingham Marian, it's Lathrup. The Chargers have to play the perfect game, have everyone on all cylinders if they want to shock the state and the 14th ranked team in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.