Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Cioroch named new football coach at Walled Lake Western.

Written Thursday December 30th at 2:15 PM

It was a sudden shock to see that Kory Cioroch is leaving Farmington.

Cioroch was named the new head football coach at Walled Lake Western on Wednesday taking over for interim coach Mike Weiskopf. He is the Warriors fourth coach in four seasons.

Cioroch whom teaches at Farmington coached in the sub varsity ranks and was the defensive coordinator under John Becktel before taking over the Falcons in 2017.

Cioroch went 19-18 in his four years at Farmington. His best season was 8-2 in 2019 which included a upset playoff win at Oak Park.

The Falcons went 0-6 this season. They were blown out by Sterling Heights Stevenson in the first round of the playoffs.

Cioroch will have a challenge in the Lakes Valley Conference in 2021 especially with Lakeland, Walled Lake Northern, South Lyon, South Lyon East along with Waterford Mott, Walled Lake Central, Milford, and Waterford Kettering to deal with.

Cioroch should bring stability to Walled Lake Western after a ton of turmoil surrounded that program. The Warriors have been very successful but they have had a ton of misfortune happen to them in the last two years.

This is a huge loss for Farmington.

The Falcons have a lot of talent coming back next season including running back Jacob Saunders, linebacker Demeterian Moore, and quarterbacks Jalen Silver and Dominic Pesci.

Cioroch brought stability to a program that really needed it in Farmington after Becktel's retirement. Program strength seemed to make some progress.

It's going to be a challenge for whomever Athletic Director and former Harrison Girls Basketball Coach Tim Micklash goes with next season. Farmington is a very interesting job especially having to deal with North Farmington whom has the majority of the coaching staff that came from Harrison including coach Jon Herstein.

It will be interesting whom Micklash goes with as mentioned.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for the latest on this developing story.

 

Here is the Press Release from Walled Lake Western.

https://www.wlwfootball.com/headcoach


My Podcast

https://soundcloud.com/user-539915961/oaa-now-01-04-21wav

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.