Saturday, November 7, 2020

Volleyball Regional Preview.

Written Saturday November 7th at 9:25 AM

Here are my thoughts and insight heading into the regionals surrounding the OAA schools that are still in the postseason.

Region Two @ Stoney Creek

TROY vs CLARKSTON

Lakeland vs Utica Eisenhower

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: This is going to be an interesting regional but I see two teams that are better than the rest right now. I think the Wolves are on a mission getting by Lake Orion in the district final was huge for them. Troy earned their fourth straight district title with a shocking four set win over West Bloomfield. The Colts need to take that next step in the regional. Utica Eisenhower had to overcome Stoney Creek, Romeo, and Adams to get to this point. Lakeland is not a bad team but going east could be a huge challenge for them. I think that both Clarkston and the Eagles are on a collision course to the regional final. I think this is the Wolves time to make some noise.

 

Region Seven @ Troy Athens

BERKLEY vs Farmington Hills Mercy

Birmingham Marian vs Dearborn Fordson

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: The Bears earned their first district crown in a while on Thursday night and their reward is a brutal matchup with Farmington Hills Mercy in the regional semifinals. On the other side there is Birmingham Marian and they are playing Dearborn Fordson. I think Berkley will put up a fight but at the end of the day it will be too much Marlins and on the other side the Tractors are going to be no match for the Mustangs. This is shaping up to be a Marlins vs Mustangs regional final. I think Farmington Hills Mercy is going to be a bit too much in this regional.

 

Region Fifteen @ Warren Regina

FERNDALE vs Detroit Voyageur Prep

Warren Regina vs Harper Woods Chandler Park

THOUGHTS/INSIGHT: When looking at this regional in Warren, this is going to be the next step for Coach Stella Johnstone and her team. The Eagles need a strong showing after winning four straight district titles they haven't gotten over this hump. The regional is tough with Warren Regina and Harper Woods Chandler Park on the other side of the bracket. I don't think Harper Woods Chandler Park has been tested as much as the other three teams have. I see Ferndale getting to the regional final but I think home court will prevail with Warren Regina moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.