Friday, March 6, 2020

Girls Basketball District Projections.

Written Friday March 6th at 4:00 PM

Here is my preview and picks heading into the remaining district matchups involving OAA squads.

District 5 @ Waterford Kettering

CLARKSTON vs ADAMS

The Wolves and Highlanders have a ton of experience heading into this district final. Clarkston needed 13 three pointers to beat Lake Orion and they beat Romeo as well. Adams got revenge on Waterford Kettering and beat Oxford. The Wolves have played a tougher schedule than the Highlanders with playing in the Red. This makes to be an interesting game. PICK: CLARKSTON.

District 6 @ Bloomfield Hills

WEST BLOOMFIELD vs AVONDALE

This is the game that the Yellow Jackets have been looking forward too for a year. Avondale lost three times to West Bloomfield last season.  Also this is the Red champion vs the White champion. The Lakers have more depth than the Yellow Jackets which I see showing in this game this evening. PICK: WEST BLOOMFIELD.

District 24 @ Birmingham Marian

ROYAL OAK vs Birmingham Marian

This is a rematch of a district final last season that saw the Mustangs won on their home court. The Ravens don’t have the experience that they had last season but this season’s young crew did upset Southfield Arts and Tech. Birmingham Marian had no problem with Berkley and Seaholm. They have been rolling as of late. This is very interesting as the Mustangs at times have had offensive laps and Royal Oak is a defensive first team. I have a feeling it’s going to be the same result this evening. PICK: BIRMINGHAM MARIAN.

District 25 @ Farmington

NORTH FARMINGTON vs Farmington Hills Mercy

This is an interesting matchup. The Raiders needed beat Livonia Stevenson to get to this matchup. The Marlins beat Novi and Farmington. Farmington Hills Mercy are the Catholic League Champs but Coach Jeff Simpson has seen them play. I think North Farmington is in some trouble in this matchup if they don’t play well. PICK: FARMINGTON HILLS MERCY.

District 29 @ Stoney Creek

ROCHESTER vs Utica Eisenhower

The Falcons are playing with house money in the district final after upsetting Utica. The Eagles are fresh off an upset win over Stoney Creek. Whoever plays the most lose and under control will win this game. Utica Eisenhower has a ton of talent and height but Rochester has a ton of heart. I think coach Bill Thurston’s squad wins this one this evening. PICK: ROCHESTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.