Saturday, June 8, 2019

Softball and Girls Soccer Preview.

Written Saturday June 8th at 5:10 PM

We are in the final week of the 2018-2019 High School sports season. Here is my insight and preview of both softball and girls soccer heading into the final week of the season. Before I do I like to recognize the State Champions of the OAA for 2018-2019.

Lake Orion Volleyball
Harrison Boys Bowling
Farmington Gymnastics
Stoney Creek Cheerleading
Oak Park Girls Track and Field
Lake Orion Boys Powerlifting
Clarkston Girls Cross Country
Bloomfield Hills Boys Tennis
Lake Orion Boys Golf

Anyway here is the previews and picks heading into the week around the OAA.

Softball

CLARKSTON vs Hartland @ Novi

This should be an interesting quarterfinal between the Wolves and the Eagles at Novi on Tuesday. It was Hartland that came back from a 2-0 deficit to beat Clarkston 3-2 in this very same round last season sending the Eagles to East Lansing. It was also Hartland that beat the Wolves 1-0 during a tournament this season. If that's not enough motivation for Clarkston and coach Don Peters then I don't know what is. If the Wolves want to get back to East Lansing, they have to get by the Eagles again. Clarkston has outscored their four opponents by a combined 44-0 thus far in the State tournament. Hartland had to survive 7-6 at home against South Lyon East in the regional final. The edge goes to the Wolves, there is too much motivation. The winner of this matchup will see Howell or Canton. I like Clarkston to get back to East Lansing because of the motivation factor. PICK: CLARKSTON.

Girls Soccer

TROY vs Plymouth @ Troy Athens

The Colts will have a de-facto home game at Troy Athens in the State Semifinals. Troy whom hasn’t even needed to leave their city boundaries in the State tournament comes in riding a ton of confidence after beating Adams 4-0 in the regional finals at home. The Colts will take on a Plymouth team who knocked off Ann Arbor Huron 3-1 in their regional final. The Wildcats are very athletic and talented. They will give Troy everything they can handle. The winner will play either Novi or Grand Rapids Forest Hills. It will be an interesting matchup but give me the Colts heading to the State Finals. PICK: TROY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.