Saturday, January 27, 2018

Way Too Early Football Top 23.

Written Saturday January 27th at 2:00 PM

Hello all these are not my preseason rankings heading into the upcoming football season in the fall. We got a whole spring and summer to go through before the season starts. These rankings will change but these are the early Top 23. It will also describe what are the early season strengths and weaknesses are surrounding each team. Everything mentioned is on paper. Feel free to send responses, I greatly appreciate them.

Early Rankings.


1. Oak Park: Knights are loaded, question is can they win the big one in the playoffs.

2. Groves: Falcons are loaded as well but the only question will be the line.

3. West Bloomfield: Lakers still very talented. They will have to address their line this offseason.

4. Clarkston: Defending State Champs have the line but question for the Wolves will be the skill players.

5. Adams: Highlanders are replacing a lot but they have a quarterback name Carter Farris to keep an eye on.

6. Harrison: Hawks in their final season will have talent. Numbers will be a concern.

7. Avondale: Yellow Jackets have the pieces to make a run, only question will be the line.

8. Southfield Arts and Tech: Warriors have a ton of talent coming back but question will be mindset.

9. Orion: Dragons must replace a ton on defense but look strong on offense on paper.

10. Oxford: Wildcats return a lot but have a big question at quarterback.

11. Ferndale: Eagles lost a ton of skill players from last season but they have the lineman to still be very good.

12. Seaholm: Maples have the experience to be an early favorite in the Blue.

13. Bloomfield Hills: We’ll see what type of team the Blackhawks are without John Paddock and Jack Sape.

14. Berkley: The move to the Blue should help the Bears big time. Only issue is the lines.

15. Troy: Colts have to replace a ton of talent from last season’s playoff run. Only time will tell if Troy is for real or not.

16. Rochester: Falcons have the skill players but the question will be the lines.

17. North Farmington: Raiders should be better this season with a lot of talent back and great coaching. Line still a very concerning.

18. Royal Oak: Ravens have some talent returning but they need to replace some key positions including quarterback.

19. Stoney Creek: Cougars have to address a ton for new coach Nick Merlo including at quarterback where they will have a quarterback competition.

20. Troy Athens: Red Hawks are back to square one and they will have a new coach as well. They will very young this season.

21. Hazel Park: Vikings will be virtually a new team after losing a ton of seniors from last season.

22. Farmington: Falcons need to make a big step up this season.

23. Pontiac: Phoenix have the athletes, question will be the numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.