Wednesday, February 22, 2017

McDevitt to Step Down as Oxford's Wrestling Coach.

Written Wednesday December 22nd at 10:25 PM

The Wildcats will have a new wrestling coach coaching them next season.

Current Oxford coach Paul McDevitt will be stepping down after the end of the wrestling season to spend more time with his family and also focus at his job as principal at Leonard Elementary School in Oxford.

The Wildcats will be competing this weekend at Central Michigan University in the Division One team State Championships and then individuals next weekend at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

McDevitt was an all state wrestler at Holly. He took over Oxford 20 seasons ago when the program only had eight wrestlers in the program. Since then McDevitt has turned the Wildcats into a State Power, which included the 2011 Division One State crown and a runner up appearance in 2012.

He has coached numerous state and all county wrestlers including Prescott Line and Dylan Smith.

McDevitt leaves behind a legacy in Oxford but the Wildcats program will always be grateful for what he has done with the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.