Friday, January 22, 2016

Zube Named New Head Coach at Brandon.

Written Friday January 22nd at 9:20 AM
Updated Friday January 29th at 10:00 AM

Brad Zube is on the move again and this time away from the OAA. He has decided to take his talents to the Flint Metro League.

Zube confirmed he was leaving Stoney Creek for Ortonville-Brandon on his Facebook on Thursday.

Here is his statement from Facebook.

"Dear Stoney Creek Football Family,

Yesterday was one of the toughest days and most emotional days of my professional career. I just wanted to take a moment to thank all of you for your support and dedication to our program these past four years. It has been an absolute pleasure to coach all of your sons. They are without a doubt some of the finest young men a coach could ever ask for.

It has been a great four years at Stoney Creek and I am so very proud of what we have built here. Through ups and downs and big wins and heartbreaking losses we stuck together as a family and we did things the right way with character and integrity. I can assure you that my decision to leave Stoney Creek was not an easy one. Walking away from this program that has meant so much to me and explaining to the boys that my life decision was going to interrupt their lives was incredibly painful. There were a lot of tears and hugs yesterday in the weight room.

I hope you can all understand that my decision to take the head coaching job at Brandon High School was in the best interest of my young family and will allow me to spend more time with Jenny and our growing family while continuing to do what I love. I'm very excited to be the new leader of the Brandon Blackhawks and all of the challenges that are ahead of me in this new position but please know that if I can ever do anything for any of you do not hesitate to ask.

I will forever hold the Stoney Creek Football program close to my heart. It has been an absolute honor and privilege to be your head coach and call Stoney Creek my home the past four years. I am very confident that our outstanding administration at Stoney Creek will find the best person possible to carry on the tradition we have started. Thank you again for all that you have done to enrich my life these past four years!

"We Are SC"
Brad Zube
Head Football Coach
Stoney Creek High School
2012-2015"

Zube did respond in a Facebook Post to yours truly on his reasoning why he left Stoney Creek, it was based on travel. He lives in northern Clarkston and does have a baby boy on the way as well. "SC to my house is 35-40 minutes away when you add my teaching job in Waterford, it's close to 90 minutes a day in my car. Brandon is 12 minutes away from me. Really will make life easier. I see Brandon as a diamond in the rough that SC was four years ago. Excited to get to work up here."

Zube's departure will hurt Stoney Creek, he was building a football program there and did a lot for the community in Rochester. Zube finishes his coaching career as Cougars coach with a 19-18 record but he gave Stoney Creek it's two biggest wins of the season over Orion in 2013 and Adams in 2014. Zube had a playoff apperance in 2013 before falling to Adams 17-6 in the pre-district.

A possible replacement could be Kyle Schultz, Zube's offensive coordinator. He does have coaching experience while he was at Waterford Kettering but it's looking more possible that Schultz could go with Zube to Brandon considering that the campus is ten minutes from his house.

Zube came to Rochester from Pontiac after the 2011 season and will have an interesting task of getting Ortonville-Brandon back to the playoffs after making them last season at 6-3 before losing to Linden in the pre-district. One of the Blackhawks biggest wins was over Holly at Holly which got them eligible for the playoffs. He will also have to get adjusted to the Flint Metro League as he will face the likes of Holly, Clio, Linden, Fenton, Swartz Creek, Flint Kearsley, and Flushing.

He concluded about the love and respect he received from the Stoney Creek family. "I've received nothing but love and support from my SC family. There is a mutual love and respect between myself and that community."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.