Thursday, May 7, 2015

OAA Boys Basketball Update.

Written Thursday May 7th at 12:05 PM

Clarkston in the mix for Davison's top player?

There has been some major news going around Clarkston recently according to MIPrepzone writer Scott Burnstein. He is reporting in his blog "Burney Bytes" that the Wolves could be getting a very good player from Davison in junior Dylan Alderson. He said that the family is buying a house in Clarkston and he is expected to be a Clarkson Wolf soon. Clarkston is an open enrollment school district.

Alderson is a 6.4 guard and already has offers from Mid American Conference schools has had some big games against some people last season as a Cardinal, he had 37 points against Toledo Rogers, 32 against Fenton, and 31 against a bad Flint Carman Ainsworth team. Now imagine paring him with Foster Loyer, who scored 35 points against Macomb Dakota in the regional finals. It could be one of the most deadliest back-courts in the state.

The question remains for Clarkston is do they have enough inside presence besides Tabin Throgmorton and Mitch Heaton to carry the load for the Wolves. If they do Clarkston could do damage for next season.

Could Clarkston's Wasilk to be an assistant under Fife?

There has been speculation that coach Tim Wasilk will no longer coach the Girls Basketball team at Clarkston as he could be the apparent to coach Dan Fife in the Boys Basketball circuit once he retires.

Waslik led Clarkston to a 12-9 season in the girls and loses Erika Davenport, Jessica Altene, Taylor Mullins, among others but the girls team does return guard Megan Dierdoff, small forward Kayla Russell, power forward Alissa Bey, and center, Kayla Luncenbach and has an emerging power forward in Molly Nicholson in Junior Varsity and is expected to make the move to Varsity.

Possible candidates to replace Wasilk might include former Clarkston Wolves standout Chelsea Kouri, Marisha Sunday, and Dan Vanaman.

Teasley no longer at Southfield.

The Jays will look different as we head into the summer as coach Gary Teasley will no longer coach the team next season. Teasley has led Southfield to two final four appearances in 2010 and 2011 and has always been very classy and respectful. The Jays will still be solid next season as they will be led by guards Michael Flowers and Arumai Hardy along with forward Miguel Preist.

Stay tuned to OAA Now for complete coverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.