Wednesday, December 31, 2014

First Ever OAA Insider Blog.

Written Wednesday December 31st, at 8:00 PM

Hello everyone this is a new blog very similar to the OAA Now Podcast that I have called OAA Insider which will cover the OAA basically in football, basketball, volleyball, track, wrestling etc. I will give my insider thoughts on teams with this blog and this blog will start off with some certain recruits that Division One Colleges need to look at.

With the arrival of Jim Harbaugh to Michigan, the impact of college football recruits to save a 2015 class that was depleted after the departure of Brady Hoke is something of its own right.

Michigan State already has a strong recruiting class coming to East Lansing but there are some players who can help here on this list.

Central Michigan, Western Michigan, and Eastern Michigan can also get some of these players as well.

There are others I haven't mentioned but this is an early list.

As I look along in the OAA I noticed that the most profound name is John Kelly from Oak Park. Kelly has had a strong senior season in Knight Valley in 2014 and has offers from schools like Michigan State but Michigan could look at him and offer him a scholarship.

His teammate Junior McMillan should get a division one offer in my mind. He is smart, a good linebacker and is physical. McMillan will be a solid addition to a division one school of recruited.

Eddy Wilson of West Bloomfield is committed to Bowling Green is another one because of his size. His teammate Obbie Jackson is heading to Western Michigan but imagine if these two could be in division one schools.

There is another one that Michigan and Michigan State might want to look at and its Cole Chewins of Clarkston. Chewins is a 6.7 tight end and a linebacker already committed to Miami of Ohio but if a major school calls him he could listen.

I'm surprised Chewins teammate quarterback DJ Zezula isn't getting college looks. Here is a quarterback who is a two time state champion and you think he would get a look in the division one level. A lot of teams are scared of his size but he is accurate and can run the football if need be.

Another player that could get a look is Lake Orion's Matt Krause. Krause had a 2,000 yard season in 2014. Despite the fact he maybe undersized he works hard and could help someone this off season.

Another player to give consideration is Stoney Creek's Joe Platz. Platz is an underrated linebacker, works hard and could be a sleeper to a division one school if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.