Sunday, September 29, 2019

Boys Soccer District Preview.

Written Sunday September 29th at 9:30 PM

Here is my predictions for the Boys Soccer Districts heading into the next week.

Bold are seeded teams.

District 9 at Grosse Pointe North

Grosse Pointe South vs Dearborn Fordson
Detroit University-Detroit Jesuit vs Detroit Western
OAK PARK vs Detroit Cass Tech
OAK PARK/Detroit Cass Tech vs Grosse Pointe North

PREDICTION: This district has the Grosse Pointe schools which seems to be the favorites heading into the district. I see this being a battle of the Grosse Pointe schools with South and North meeting each other and it will be South that moves on. PICK: GROSSE POINTE SOUTH.

District 11 at Stoney Creek

ROCHESTER vs ADAMS
Romeo vs Utica
Utica Eisenhower vs STONEY CREEK
Utica Eisenhower/STONEY CREEK vs LAKE ORION

PREDICTION: This is an even steel district when you look at the teams. I see the Eagles moving on in this district but it will not be an easy one as there are a ton of strong teams in this district. PICK: UTICA EISENHOWER.

District 12 at Berkley

TROY ATHENS vs ROYAL OAK
TROY vs Utica Ford II
Warren Mott vs Sterling Heights Stevenson
Warren Mott/Sterling Heights Stevenson vs BERKLEY

PREDICTION: This district is very interesting with a ton of solid teams at Hurley Field. I see this being a Troy Athens vs Berkley district final with the Red Hawks as the top team in the State. They will be as good as advertised and it will show why. PICK: TROY ATHENS.

District 13 at Northville

SEAHOLM vs SOUTHFIELD ARTS AND TECH
NORTH FARMINGTON vs Livonia Stevenson
GROVES vs FARMINGTON
Novi vs Northville

PREDICTION: This is a very interesting district but it’s a winnable district for a few teams. It wouldn’t surprise me if there were an upset but right now I would give an edge to Novi but not by much. PICK: NOVI.

District 15 at Waterford Kettering

BLOOMFIELD HILLS vs Lakeland
Waterford Mott vs Waterford Kettering
Walled Lake Central vs Walled Lake Northern
CLARKSTON vs WEST BLOOMFIELD

PREDICTION: This is an interesting district. I see a battle of Bloomfield district final between the Lakers and the Blackhawks with Bloomfield Hills moving on to the regional. PICK: BLOOMFIELD HILLS.

District 16 at Grand Blanc

Grand Blanc vs Davison
Flushing vs Lapeer
Swartz Creek vs Flint Carman Ainsworth
Swartz Creek/Flint Carman Ainsworth vs OXFORD

PREDICTION: This district looks to be a mismatch on paper but you never know. It’s on a grass field and there is a state ranked team here so give me the home team. PICK: GRAND BLANC.

District 24 at Dearborn Divine Child

FERNDALE vs Redford Thurston
FERNDALE/Redford Thurston vs Hamtramck
Detroit Renaissance vs Garden City
Detroit Renaissance/Garden City vs Dearborn Divine Child

PREDICTION: This sets up to be an interesting district in Dearborn. I could see Ferndale possibly get to the district finals but end of the day I see Dearborn Divine Child moving on. PICK: DEARBORN DIVINE CHILD.

District 26 @ Birmingham Detroit Country Day

Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood vs AVONDALE
Orchard Lake St. Marys vs PONTIAC
Pontiac Notre Dame Prep vs Birmingham Brother Rice
Pontiac Notre Dame Prep/Birmingham Brother Rice vs Birmingham Detroit Country Day

PREDICTION: This looks to be an interesting district setting up. The Catholic League teams are strong and Birmingham Detroit Country Day has home field. I’m tempted to pick the upset so give me the home team. PICK: BIRMINGHAM DETROIT COUNTRY DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have highest function of autism (Asperger Syndrome.) I'm a huge Dallas Stars fan. I like to play and watch football, especially when the Dragons play on Friday nights. I am a 2006 alum and used to play football for the Dragons. I ran track, I ran the 100, 200, 400 meter dashes along with shot-put and discus. During my time in Orion I was a manager for Junior Varsity Boys Basketball team. I'm the volleyball, girls basketball, and football announcer for the team and do the book on the road for girls basketball. I do the clock for volleyball in the fall along with girls basketball in the winter and announce some boys basketball games as well. In the spring I coach shot-put at Scripps Middle School, in my fifth season coaching. I run the shot-put for high school meets. I played Special Olympics Basketball, I've won three gold medals for them. I host "Between Taorminas" which is on ONTV along with a podcast called "OAA Now". In other various things outside of Lake Orion, I love to jet ski over Saginaw Bay. Saginaw Bay is basically my life. I'm a trained weather spotter for the National Weather Service for Oakland and Huron counties.